The Biostatistics Group provides experimental design and statistical analysis support.
- Experimental design consultation
- Development of novel statistical analysis methods
- Statistical analysis of behavioral or other complex data sets
- Generation of figures for presentation and publication
- Composition of biostatistics methodology sections for grant proposals and publications
- Conduct seminars and workshops on biostatistics
Advancing the Mission of Gladstone
During its first 2 years, the Bioinformatics Core performed biostatistical analysis for many Gladstone and UCSF investigators. Additionally, we have written statistical sections of several grant proposals and consulted with many investigators on statistical analysis. In October 2009, we conducted a biostatistics mini-workshop for postdocs and graduate students. We plan to offer semi-annual biostatistics training to Gladstone staff and are in conversations with Gladstone investigators and postdoctoral fellows regarding the format and content of those workshops.
Personnel and Expertise